Alex's Saints Foundation Request for Financial Assistance (Funeral)
The Alex’s Saints Foundation, Inc is organized and operated as an independent 501(c)(3) charity that provides life-changing financial and emotional assistance to young adults who struggle with addiction, while empowering long term recovery. The Foundation was established in honor and memory of Alex St. Pierre from Troy, Michigan, who lost his battle with addiction on August 2, 2019. Visit our website at www.alexssaints.org for more information. The Alex’s Saints Foundation, Inc is primarily funded by contributions and support from Alex’s friends and family, business sponsors and caring members of the community.
The Board of Directors, Officers, and Grant Committee collectively maintain all power, control and direction of the Foundation’s assets. All information provided to the Foundation shall be maintained in a confidential manner subject to the terms of this application and the Personal Media Release. If awarded a grant, you must agree to sign the Personal Media Release Form and will work cooperatively with the Foundation to develop an approved quote, personal testimony, photos, videos and/or images regarding you or your loved one’s story. This is necessary to grow awareness and help support the Foundation’s efforts to raise funds to help other individuals and families affected by this epidemic.
Eligibility: You are eligible to apply if you meet the following conditions:
1. You or your eligible family member is at least 17 years or older.
2. The grant recipient resides in either Oakland or Macomb County, Michigan.
3. You or an eligible family member have experienced an event that qualifies for support
under the Foundation’s Mission Statement. A qualifying event is defined as the following:
• The need for addiction recovery treatment or counseling that is not covered by insurance and you or the eligible family member lacks the ability to pay for such services without jeopardizing the ability to cover your basic living expenses.
• A death of an eligible family member, when loss of income, funeral expenses, or uninsured medical expenses affect your ability to cover basic living expenses due to the death of your loved one.
• Family crisis (personal or financial hardship) brought on by a battle with addiction that affect your ability to cover basic living expenses.
Grants: Submitting an application for assistance does not guarantee a grant will be awarded. All applications are subject to available funds and the review, recommendation and approval of the Grant Committee and Board of Directors.
• All grant checks will be sent directly to the vendor, creditor, or payee to cover eligible expenses for a specified bill or invoice.
• Distributions will be made directly to the applicant only in unusual circumstances and as approved by the Grant Committee or Board of Directors.
Application: To be considered for grant support, please complete the following application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Answering questions thoroughly will help us quickly process your request.
• To provide an accurate and complete representation of your request for financial or emotional assistance, please attach all bills, invoices, estimates and other supporting documentation that you feel will aid the Grant Committee in making its decision.
• Please also be prepared to provide additional documentation supporting your circumstances if requested by the Grant Committee.
Status: You will be notified of the status of your application by email.
APPLICANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS- Applicant acknowledges and understands that Alex’s Saints Foundation (“ASF”) receives many applications for financial and emotional assistance and cannot fulfill every request the ASF receives. Applicant further acknowledges that ASF is the sole decision maker regarding the grant or refusal of an application for financial or emotional assistance. All applications are reviewed by ASF and considered based on merit with respect to the Mission Statement of ASF, the perceived need of the Applicant, as assessed by ASF, and the availability of funds. ASF makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, expressed or implied, with respect to the review and approval of any application for assistance. ASF shall not be liable for direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this application for financial or emotional assistance whether based on breach of contract or tort (including negligence). In submitting this application for financial or emotional assistance, Applicant hereby releases, holds harmless and forever discharges ASF from any liability or responsibility for any injury (including death), and for any damages to Applicant, or to the person on behalf of whom the Applicant is requesting financial or emotional assistance, however caused, that he or she may suffer as a result of, or in connection with, the grant or denial of this application for assistance. All matters arising out of or relating to this application for financial or emotional assistance shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Venue for any dispute regarding this application for financial or emotional assistance shall be in the Oakland County, Michigan.
I hereby give Alex’s Saints Foundation and its Directors and Board Members (the “Foundation”) the right to use my name and any approved quotes, personal testimonies, photos, videos and/or images (collectively referred to as “Personal Media”) in digital communications (examples: social media posts, website, video, display ads, etc.), print publications, multimedia presentations, and/or for any purpose that may include, but not be limited to, the promotion of the Foundation and its charitable mission. This Agreement is a permanent licensing agreement. I am releasing all rights to my Personal Media to the Foundation.
By signing below you agree that all information provided on this form is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge Should this grant become duplicative in whole or in part of other assistance received, or otherwise become unnecessary, you agree to promptly return all such monies to the Foundation.